Wednesday, November 10, 2010

its been a long time......lets catch up!

well i havent written anything in a LONG time...sorry to all my readers!! i have been so busy the past couple months! so let me catch you up to speed on my busy life!

i started an apprenticeship for medical coding and billing at a chiropractors office in late september. it is a great oppurtunity for me to get launched into a career. downfalls of this position include :
1. its unpaid for 6 months
2. its 25 miles from home and 5 days a week (approx 35 hours weekly)
3. its a lot of work that the paid employees dont do such as organizing the office files (which at this point in time there is no filing system for patients' charts, what a mess!)
4. they cant really keep employees very long(since i have been there, they have lost at least 6 of their staff members - which to me seems awfully odd)

at this point, i am really questioning whether or not i want to continue with this committment - they could have another apprentice in there exactly like they put me in there. With promises of employment after 6 months, which is such a long time to not receive a single paycheck! I am contemplating if in the end the time and effort will really be worth my time. Especially when i only make a little over $500 a month at my part time job. if anyone else has any input on this matter please leave a comment, i really enjoy the feedback!

About my part time job - pulltabs and bar bingo... I am working slightly more there since our other friday guy quit so since the end of august, i have worked almost every single friday (except 2). Also, one of our saturday people quit so now i have to juggle pulltabs and bar bingo on a rotating schedule for saturdays...oh how i miss only having to do bar bingo on saturdays.

also, in august, my ford taurus (frank-n-furter) broke down. even though he was a beater piece of junk, frankie was mine and i loved that car! it was the head gasket - which at that point was not worth fixing because the entire cooling system was failing (in the 3 weeks prior, i had put about $600 in to replacing various parts in the cooling system - thats just the cost of parts and a tow!) anywho, i have a different car now. a chevy corsica. its another beater but its all i could afford at the time. the corsica is far from perfect - but it runs pretty decently.

oh by the way, i just got home from las vegas last night! it was a pretty fun time. my boyfriend, joseph, and i went down for a week to visit his parents and some friends. of course we did our fair share of gambling and partying! i am exhausted now lol...definately not ready to go back to work tomorrow (almost 12 hours straight tomorrow - ehhh)

well other than that, i've pretty much been struggling to keep my head up above the water. just been trying to better my life and situation.....taking it one day at a time.

peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment